Staff Platform Engineer
Nuclia is an easy-to-use & end-to-end API that lets developers build AI-powered search engines for unstructured data, with an open-source approach, backed by leading Deep Tech VCs and top business angels in the SaaS B2B sector.
Nuclia is on a mission to revolutionize how humans find complex data and now we are looking for a Senior Engineer who is passionate about building and scaling a platform that enables the engineering teams to deploy and own their software in production.
Do you want to be part of a team that transforms how humans find information? Do you want to experience the fast speed of a startup with a global vision to disrupt how we discover information?
About the job
Nuclia Engineers develop the next-generation of technologies to help developers build AI-powered tools for unstructured data. We’re looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas to information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, and natural language processing.
- 7+ years owning systems in production.
- 5+ years managing Kubernetes in production.
- Ability to identify problems/opportunities, break them down into critical parts, and design solution options.
- Experience with service meshes (Istio) and kubernetes networking.
- Strong understanding of Linux systems and containers.
- Solid scripting skills in Bash, Python and/or Go.
- Knowledge of GCP, AWS, and/or Azure.
- Good understanding and experience with Observability systems, integrations and tooling (metrics, tracing, analytics, alerting).
- DevOps mindset and CI/CD experience.
- Experience implementing GitOps and Infrastructure as Code.
- Design, build and maintain GCP environments.
- Implement and maintain ArgoCD/Crossplane and CD tooling.
- Support observability platform and tooling.
- Communicate with teams to promote tooling and ownership and learn their needs.
- Experience leading open-source projects.
- Previous experience in a startup environment.
- Experience scaling Kubernetes systems.
- Located in Spain, Catalonia, or a European time zone.
How to apply?
Our team is fully distributed, and our members work, for example from Catalonia, Spain, France, The Netherlands, and the U.S.
How to apply?
If you’re passionate about software development and eager to learn, we’d like to meet you. Please send us an email with your resume or LinkedIn profile at firstname.lastname@example.org
One thing we have found helpful to communicate in this first email: some projects, pieces of code, or blog posts you are particularly proud of.