Senior Software Engineer (NucliaDB)
Nuclia is an easy-to-use & end-to-end API that lets developers build AI-powered search engines for unstructured data, with an open-source approach, backed by leading Deep Tech VCs and top business angel investors in the SaaS B2B sector.
Do you want to be part of a team that will transform the way humans find information? Do you want to experience the fast speed of a startup with a global vision to disrupt how we discover information?
About the job
Nuclia software engineers develop the next generation of technologies to help developers build AI-powered tools for unstructured data. We’re looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas to information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, and natural language processing.
- 5+ years of building and supporting software in production.
- Experienced with Rust.
- Experience in one or more of the following: architecting and developing large scale distributed systems, multithreading and concurrency.
- Experience with Unix/Linux environments.
- Experience with networking communication protocols.
- Experience with database internals, database language theories, database design, SQL, and database programming.
- Understand and experience with Kubernetes, GitOps, CI/CD, and observability.
- Experience with Python and pyo3.
- Experience with pub/sub technologies like Kafka or NATS JetStream.
- Professional English speaker.
- Build, test, and support systems and infrastructure for NucliaDB Cloud.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with your team and across other teams at Nuclia.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
- Take ownership of technical solutions.
- Experience leading open-source projects.
- Experience building distributed systems and writing high-performance applications.
- Experience building data infrastructure.
Our team is fully distributed and our members work from Catalonia, Spain, France, The Netherlands, and the U.S.
How to apply?
If you’re passionate about software development and eager to learn, we’d like to meet you. Please send us an email with your resume or LinkedIn profile at firstname.lastname@example.org
One thing we have found helpful to communicate in this first email: some projects, pieces of code, or blog posts you are particularly proud of.