Machine learning engineer
Nuclia is an easy-to-use & end-to-end API that lets developers build AI-powered search engines for unstructured data, with an open-source approach, backed by leading Deep Tech VCs and top business angels in the SaaS B2B sector.
Nuclia is on a mission to revolutionize how humans find complex data and now we are looking for a Machine Learning Engineer.
Do you want to be part of a team that will transform humans’ access to information? Do you want to experience the fast speed of a startup with global envision?
About the job
At Nuclia we are organized in squads. Each squad has their own responsibilities. We’re looking for a tech lead on the ML squad able to grow the team together with accomplishing the company’s goals. We are developing the next-generation of technologies that will help developers to build AI-powered search engines for unstructured data. To succeed in our mission we need a ML team focused on end-to-end fully automated solutions, on analyzing and providing semantic search, classification and segmentation in our own database structure.
The team will require expertise from MLOps to Frontend prediction integration, meaning that the tech lead will necessarily be able to architect, implement and evolve with the team.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of professional software development experience.
- Experience with software development in Python.
- Experience in one or more of the following: search technologies, information retrieval, NLP, Transformers, Keras, MLOps, Tensorflow.js.
- Master’s degree or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field
- Experience with Unix/Linux environments.
- Experience with machine learning algorithms and tools (e.g., TensorFlow), artificial intelligence, deep learning, and/or natural language processing.
- Experience using, designing and implementing REST APIs
- Experience in building Machine Learning infrastructure, data pipelines, and real time large-scale data processing
- Experience debugging, profiling and optimizing python code
- Understanding of technologies such as Kubernetes, MLOps, CI/CD, event source.
- Experience working in open source, software evolution, and maintenance, and passion for growing and sustaining a user and developer community for programming tools
- Build our platforms, systems and infrastructure using your background in natural language processing.
- Manage individual projects priorities, deadlines, and deliverables with your technical expertise.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
- Take initiative and be responsible for technical solutions to data quality and workflow challenges.
- Experience leading open-source projects.
- Experience writing high-performance applications.
- Experience processing data from unstructured sources.
Our team is fully distributed, and our members work, as an example from Catalonia, Spain, France, or the U.S.
How to apply?
If you’re passionate about software development and eager to learn, we’d like to meet you. Please send us an email with your resume or LinkedIn profile at email@example.com
One thing we have found helpful to communicate in this first email: some projects, pieces of code, or blog posts you are particularly proud of.